Brit and the Boys

Mar 16, 2011

St. Pat's Parade

Every year since we moved to Dallas we go to the Greenville Ave St. Pat's parade. This year I was extra excited because my company sponsored the parade and the weather couldn't have been better! The surrounding peeps however, could have been... 


This lovely woman (in her snuggie, at a parade-yes I took a picture) decided to
 plant next to us. I love meeting strangers
 and usually every year we sit next to someone I either end up facebook
friends with, or at least a good convo. As you know from previous posts, Trey
has asthma. This green chair next to her was his. Well within five minutes of
her sitting by us she pulls out a cigarette and starts smoking. Right there where she
was standing, and my precious son in the green chair next to her. She 
wasn't oblivious to kids being around, because her own were right in front
of her. So I politely (I promise I was nice) asked her if she would mind
moving back a bit because my son has asthma. "He ain't gonna die. This is
outside, what do you expect?" There were some other choice words in there
along with her calling me prissy. I was speechless and now not only has
Trey been exposed to second hand smoke pretty much directly in his face, 
he has also been exposed to her mouth! Luckily, her husband grabbed her hand
and pulled her back. It felt like another episode of Jerry Springer. She didn't
smoke another cigarette the remainder of the time, nor did I hit in the face.
Thank you Lord. 

The rest of the parade was typical. The kids had fun, they whined, we sat in 
traffic to get out.. JOY!







4 comments:

  1. Snuggie lady wasn't so snuggly :)
    Hope you enjoyed the rest of the parade, smoke free!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pics look great...and of course I enjoyed the story. Miss u

    ReplyDelete
  3. the nerve of some people! she's wearing a snuggie...that tells you something right there!

    the pics of you & the boys are adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be seeing you at the Dallas Meet Up! I am so so so excited!!

    ReplyDelete