Brit and the Boys

Aug 11, 2010

On my heart

In recent months I have thought a lot about what it would be like to go on a mission trip. How awesome it would be to go somewhere and devote the trip to the needs of others, rather than my own. I have heard about others' mission trips before and thought well, that's something I wish I could have done before I had children. Or maybe once I get married, I would have the time to do something like that. The truth is, I make time for everything else including weddings of friends that are out of the state or out of the country. I have been out of the USA 3 times total and 2 of them have been after I have had kids and both were to visit friends. So clearly I was making excuses before now that didn't even make sense. Whenever natural disaster hits I always think "my brother should totally go help with that". He is a paramedic, with no kids.. perfect, right? It's easy for me to look at others and how "easy" it would be for them to do things and just make excuses for myself. 

 I don't think that it's any coincidence that Monday night at Flavour we were given a one of a kind message from Yanci McGregor about compassion and recognizing the needs of the least fortunate. FC has been traveling to Port-au-Prince since the disaster struck and has dedicated funds as well as hands and feet for this country that was suffering long before this tragedy. Specifically we have partnered with other churches around the world and are leading them in sponsoring orphanages in Haiti.  Monday night we had a "Haiti Shower" for the girls in one of the orphanages. There are 67 girls in this particular orphanage. All of which have unique stories and all are absolutely BEAUTIFUL girls. When I see the kids of this country and hear the stories of their sweet hearts, I just melt. I soooo want to be a part of this in whatever way I can. 

With that being said I have contacted the woman in charge of Haiti missions at FC and I am praying heavily for God's will! 

whatever you did for one of the lease of these brothers of mine, you did for me. Matthew 25:40

No comments:

Post a Comment